Ten bucks

"How much more do we have left?",he asks.
"10 bucks."
"Well, u keep it then."
"No, what will I do with it? Let's finish it off."

These coupons are valid only for one day. I looked around frantically trying to find out something worth 10 bucks. Maybe its the increased cost of living these days, but there was nothing much for 10 bucks. I was almost going to give up when my eyes fell on the packaged food stall. Bingo. Haldiram's Moong dal. "I like moong dal very much and its exactly 10 bucks", I blurt out like as if I was Columbus and I had just discovered America. "Okay then. I'll get it.", he blurts equally well. Of all the things that had to go wrong, the packet refused to open. It was no use trying to open it and it was getting late. So he asked me to keep it. He searches around for his cycle like it was a needle in a haystack. I was terribly amused at the amnesia he suffered but tried to control myself lest he should feel any more embarassed than he already was. After a long hunt, he succeeded in finding his cycle. Then, fiddled with the lock for some more time. After what seemed to be an eternity, we climbed on board our respective cycles, rode side by side for some time and then went our separate ways. I looked at the moong dal packet and wondered why it refused to open. Feeling bad about not having said a proper goodbye I decided to send a text message- "Thanks for the company." and as always.. no reply.

5 comments:

  1. i think i kno who this guy is, from ur last comment... oh and yes,its really well written. u feel like going ahead thru it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem..thank you.. but i would really appreciate it if thou would reveal thy identity..

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is a big clue. i gav u da movie 'hotel rwanda'.. got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw who is johncena... he is right,u not paying attention in class...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey chinky..
    any of th moong dal left fr me???
    bring em here...k?

    ReplyDelete